Opportunities to Serve
Do you feel a calling to help homeless women in Morgan and surrounding counties? Do you want to join a collaborative effort of churches and individuals striving to facilitate a more sustainable community? Join our team at the Magdalene House, a shelter for single women which was established under the umbrella of Stability First, to meet the needs of homeless women and help them on their journey to self-sufficiency and stability.
MAGGIE BAGS MANAGER (PT)
Stability First is seeking an organized & motivated self-starter to manage the day-to-day operations of our Maggie Bag production center, as well as spearhead local, regional and on-line marketing efforts. Must have excellent interpersonal skills as well as good communication skills, both verbal and written. Computer and social media experience required. 25 hr/wk @ $15/hr. Opportunity for paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
VOLUNTEERS AND TRAINEES:
• Oversee recruitment
• Conduct recruit orientations
• In coordination with sewing team leaders, assign tasks
• Conduct quality control checks on performance
• Counsel trainees on performance
MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES:
• Contact suppliers, shop
• Oversee organization and labeling of materials and supplies
• Maintain receipts and invoices, route to Wayne Young
• Recruit consignment sales locations
• Develop consignment agreements
• Transport or ship products
• Keep records of consignments and sales
• Receive sales proceeds and deposit funds in Home Bank account
• Open doors, turn on lights and prepare for opening
• Welcome volunteers and trainees
• Monitor sign-ins and outs
• Tabulate and record volunteer and training hours for each day
• Supervise production team leaders
• Supervise quality control
• Supervise shipping
• Greet customers
• Conduct or supervise direct sales at the production center
• Keep record of sales
• Deposit proceeds in bank
• Manage petty cash
• Oversee on-line sales/marketing
The Magdalene House Shelter is seeking a full-time House Manager to serve during the overnight hours ( 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.) Responsibilities include both interaction with residents and computer data input. Resident interaction includes day to day support as well as facilitating needed life changes for the attainment of self-sufficiency. Computer work includes data entry into Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel, as well as general communication using Microsoft Word. Teamwork is critical to this position as the House Manager works closely with not only the women but peers, leadership and volunteers to coordinate the needs of the women we serve.
Magdalene House Managers must have dedication to Magdalene House’s mission and vision statements and experience working in public or social service organizations, proven networking, teamwork, multi-tasking and follow-up skills. Must also be effective in working with individuals from various backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, ages, religious beliefs and economic situations, and have excellent interpersonal skills (listening, coaching, and leading) and proven experience in a professional environment requiring organizational, computer, written and oral communication skills.
Stability First is a non-profit organization established to address multiple issues associate with the alleviation of poverty. Stability First deals with transitional housing and a circle of services geared toward assisting low income families in increasing their financial stability and self-sufficiency through The Lynay Center, The Pike Street Bridge, and The Magdalene House. The Stability First network is based off of the partnership of churches working together, support from businesses in the community, and volunteers who are vital to the success of the ministry to help our neighbors build a foundation for a better life.
JOIN US BY DONATING
Help bring stability to others by making a donation
If you wish to give by a personal check, make your check payable to
P.O. Box 1452 Martinsville, IN 46151